Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Note: Use the same size cup through out the recipe
- Wash 4 unwaxed lemons
- Peel the zest from each of the lemons and pop it in to a large kilner jar (or similar airtight container)
- Add 1½ cups pf vodka to the peel. Seal the jar and shake the contents frequently over the next two weeks
- Chop the lemons in half and squeeze all the juice from each one. Pour the lemon juice in to a bottle or airproof container and place in the fridge to keep for 2 weeks whilst you shake the zest and vodka!
Two weeks later………..
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix 2 cups of white granulated sugar with 2 cups of water
- Heat slowly together on the cooker just long enough until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool
- Remove the lemon juice from the fridge and strain to remove any residue/bits
- Add the lemon juice to the sugar mix and stir
- Now strain the lemon zest from the vodka and throw away the zest
- Add the vodka liquid now to the sugar mix and stir together
- Your limoncello is compete! Pour into small bottles and a perfect present is in your hands
Before serving, chill in the fridge and serve in small glasses (keeping back plenty for yourself)! Cheers!