A delicious way to make use of a pumpkin. Easy to make. Lightly spiced and moist. Reminiscent of carrot cake.
- 220g Stork margarine
- 440g light brown sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 350g pureed pumpkin
- 100g walnuts pieces
- 50g sultanas
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C or gas mark 4. Grease and line a baking tin 30cm x 20cm x 5cm.
- In a large bowl mix together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Mix together.
- Alternating between the eggs and dry ingredients slowly combine with the pumpkin mix until smooth.
- Finally add the walnut pieces and sultanas. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- When cooled the cake may be finished with a cream cheese frosting, dependent upon taste.